Okaloosa County, Florida
Okaloosa County is situated in northwest Florida, extending from the Gulf of Mexico to the Alabama state line. The U.S. Census Bureau 2005 estimate of the county's population is 182,172.
The county-wide school district is the Okaloosa County School District.
On April 23, 2009, Okaloosa County Sheriff Charlie Morris and Teresa Adams, his administrative director, were indicted by a federal grand jury. The indictment alleges that on 26 occasions between May of 2007 and February of 2009, Morris and Adams conspired to obtain kickbacks from bonuses provided to Sheriff's Office employees. Morris and Adams face 65 years in jail.
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
This website was most recently reviewed March 28, 2013.
- Elected Officials
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Administration contact is available.
- Current budget is available.
- Budgets are archived to 2010.
- Current financial audit is posted.
- Audits are archived online to 2007.
- Permits and Zoning
- Local tax information is available.
- Public Records
- The county posts membership in government sector lobbying organizations as well as affiliation with private lobbying firms.
- The contracts for the private firms are available as well as the amounts spent on membership in the government sector lobbying organizations.Cite error: Closing
|Year||Amount spent on lobbying|
- Official Okaloosa County Website
- Okaloosa County Board of County Commissioners
- Okaloosa County Supervisor of Elections
- Okaloosa County Property Appraiser
- Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office
- Okaloosa County Tax Collector
- Okaloosa County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Okaloosa County on E-Reference
- Okaloosa School District
- Okaloosa County Economic Development Corporation
- Okaloosa County Free Public Records Directory
- Okaloosa County on Epodunk
- Hutchinson, Leonard Patrick, "History of the Playground Area of Northwest Florida," Great Outdoors Publishing Co., St. Petersburg, Florida, 1st ed., 1961, no Library of Congress card number, no ISBN, page 41.
- 2005 U.S. Census estimate
- Copy of Charlie Morris indictment
- Northwest Florida Daily News, "Sheriff Morris, employee face 65 years," April 23, 2009
- Agenda archives
- Awarded contracts
- Tax Collector
- Public Records
- Open Secrets
- PBC Clerk & Comptroller 5.30.07