Ola M. Lewis
|Ola M. Lewis|
|Fourth Division of the Superior Court, North Carolina|
|Title:||Senior Resident Superior Court Judge|
|Position:||13B Judicial District|
|Past position:||Resident Superior Court Judge, 13th Judicial District|
|Undergraduate:||Fayetteville State University|
|Law School:||North Carolina Central University|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Ola M. Lewis is the Senior Resident Superior Court judge for the 13B Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court, serving Bladen, Brunswick and Columbus counties in North Carolina. Lewis became a resident superior court judge in 2002 for Judicial District 13B. In 2003, she became the senior resident superior court judge of Judicial District 13B when District 13 was split into two sections, 13A and 13B, due to the population growth of Brunswick County. Her current term expires in 2018.
| Lewis ran for election to the North Carolina Supreme Court.
General: She was defeated in the general election on November 4, 2014, after receiving 27.8% of the vote. She competed against Justice Mark Martin.
Lewis was re-elected to the superior court after running unopposed.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2010
- 2003-2018: Senior Resident Superior Court Judge, 13B Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court
- 2002-2003: Resident Superior Court Judge, 13th Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court
- 2000-2002: Special Superior Court Judge, 13th Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court
- 1993-2000: District Court Judge, 13th Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court
- 1991-1993: Assistant District Attorney in the 13th Prosecutorial District, Bladen, Brunswick and Columbus counties
- 1990-1991: Law Clerk, Thigpen, Blue, Stephens and Fellers in Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1990: Admitted to the North Carolina Bar
- WECT Channel 6, "Judge Ola Lewis to run for State Supreme Court," June 21, 2013
- The North Carolina Court System, "Brunswick County - District 13"
- The North Carolina Court System, "Bladen County - District 13"
- The North Carolina Court System, "Columbus County - District 13"
- Brunswick County Judicial directory
- North Brunswick Magazine, "Judge Ola M. Lewis: A Passion for Public Service," accessed June 21, 2013
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Candidate list for 11/04/2014 election," accessed April 10, 2014
- North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, "Judicial race heats up as Ola Lewis switches course on deadline day," February 28, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, 2010 Candidate Filing List
- Martindale.com, Judge Profile: Ola M. Lewis