|Vermont House of Representatives, Windham-Bennington-Windsor|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Vermont House of Representatives, Windham-Bennington-Windsor-1|
|2010 - 2013|
Olsen is the manager of a consulting firm specializing in software. He previously worked as a consultant with public and private sector organizations.
Scheuermann has worked in the following positions: Housing Manager, Aide to Senator James Jeffords, and Legislative Aide for the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. She has also served in the Peace Corps in Poland from 1994 to 1997.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Olsen served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Teresa Ellsworth ran as a Vermont Progressive Party candidate. Oliver Olsen ran as an Independent candidate.Both candidates were to proceed to the general election in November, however, Ellsworth passed away on September 7, 2014. Olsen was unopposed in the general election.
Olsen did not seek re-election in 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Windham-Bennington-Windsor 1 General Election (2010)|
|Oliver Olsen (R)||1,241|
|Claire Trask (D)||656|
In 2010, a year in which Olsen was up for election, he collected $25,251 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Oliver Olsen's campaign in 2010|
|Pick Rick Hube Campaign||$2,000|
|Three Mountain Inn||$1,254|
|Total Raised in 2010||$25,251|
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Olsen voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Oliver + Olsen + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Olsen appointed to vacant seat
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Mike Faher, The Manchester Journal, "Progressives note death of state House candidate," September 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed July 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed July 24, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013