Oregon School District Reorganization, Measure 11 (1952)
The Oregon School District Reorganization Act, also known as Measure 11, was on the November 4, 1952 ballot in Oregon as a veto referendum, where it was defeated, thus overturning the legislation. The measure would have required the state board of education to provide criteria for a school district reorganization program so that all state territory shall be included in a unified school district.
|Oregon Measure 11 (1952)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referendum Ordered by Petition of the People
SCHOOL DISTRICT REORGANIZATION ACT - Purpose: Requiring state board of education to prepare criteria for development of school district reorganization program, for inclusion of all territory in Oregon in unified school districts. Providing for appointment of state commissioner and state advisory committee, election of county committees in all counties except those where entire county is operating under county unit system, for the purpose of carrying out such state-wide program for reorganization, redistricting and unification of such districts. Prescribing procedures for elections; for continuation of small schools; for division of assets; for serial tax levies; and for administration and government of such established unified districts.
(ESTIMATE OF COST - An expenditure of $60,000 annually, for three years, from the State Basic School Support Fund, would be required to meet the provisions of this measure.)
320. Yes. I vote for the proposed law.
321. No. I vote against the proposed law.
- Oregon 1952 ballot measures
- 1952 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1952
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 21, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |