Oregon Licensing and Acquisition Provisions of the Hydroelectric Commission, Measure 4 (1948)
The Oregon Licensing and Acquisition Provisions of the Hydroelectric Commission Act, also known as Measure 4, was on the November 2, 1948 ballot in Oregon as a veto referendum, where it was defeated, thus overturning the legislation. The measure would have required the hydroelectric commission to define the maximum rate of return and amortization in licensing and provided that the state or any municipality shall have the right to take over any hydroelectric project at fair value, not exceeding net investment.
- See Energy policy in Oregon for a full explanation of energy policy across the state.
|Oregon Measure 4 (1948)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referendum Ordered by Petition of the People
BILL AMENDING LICENSING AND ACQUISITION PROVISIONS OF HYDROELECTRIC COMMISSION ACT - Purpose: Amending hydroelectric commission act of Oregon requiring commission to set forth the maximum rate of return and amortization in license; providing that state or any municipality thereof shall have right to take over any project at expiration of the original license upon payment of fair value not exceeding net investment; if not taken over, commission may issue new license under then existing laws or extend original license according to the terms and conditions thereof for periods of five years; providing further, upon payment of just compensation state has right to acquire project during any license period of condemnation.
306. Yes. I vote for the proposed law.
307. No. I vote against the proposed law.
- Oregon 1948 ballot measures
- 1948 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Energy policy in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1948
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 20, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |