Oregon Prohibition of Net Fishing on Coastal Waters, Measure 6 (1942)
The Oregon Prohibition of Net Fishing on Coastal Waters Bill, also known as Measure 6, was on the November 3, 1942 ballot in Oregon as a veto referendum, where it was defeated, thus overturning the legislation. The measure would have prohibited all net fishing in coastal streams and bays, except those exempted.
|Oregon Measure 6 (1942)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referendum Ordered by Petition of the People
BILL RESTRICTING AND PROHIBITING NET FISHING COASTAL STREAMS AND BAYS - Purpose: Prohibiting all net fishing in coastal streams and bays where now permitted, except as follows: Driftnet fishing, with limitations and exceptions, where setnets and driftnets are now permitted, in Alsea Bay and river, Nehalem river and tributaries, Siletz river and tributaries, Miama river, Kilchis river, Wilson river, Hoquarton Slough, Tillamook river, Umpqua river, and in Siuslaw river and tributaries (excepting for shad), where gillnets and setnets now permitted; driftnet and setnet fishing, with limitations, where setnets and driftnets now permitted, in Coos Bay and river, Coquille river, Tillamook Bay, Yaquina Bay. All open seasons for net fishing are materially reduced.
310. Yes. I vote for the proposed law.
311. No. I vote against the proposed law.
- Oregon 1942 ballot measures
- 1942 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1942
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 19, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |