Oregon Ban on Commercial Fishing in Nestucca Bay and Coastal Streams, Measure 7 (1946)
The Oregon Ban on Commercial Fishing in Nestucca Bay and Coastal Streams Bill, also known as Measure 7, was on the November 5, 1946 ballot in Oregon as a veto referendum, where it was approved, thus upholding the legislation. The measure prohibited commercial fishing in the Nestucca Bay watershed and various coastal rivers, required state fish and game commissions to jointly conduct surveys of coastal streams and submit findings and recommendations to the legislative assembly.
|Oregon Measure 7 (1946)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referendum Ordered by Petition of the People
BILL REGULATING FISHING IN COASTAL STREAMS AND INLAND WATERS - Purpose: To prohibit commercial fishing in Nestucca Bay and tributaries, Euchre Creek, Hunters Creek, Floras Creek and Pistol River; determining time, manner and type of lawful fishing in all coastal streams and along Pacific Ocean coast south of Columbia River; and requiring state fish and game commissions jointly to conduct surveys of Oregon coastal streams south of Columbia River, submit findings and report to the forty-fourth legislative assembly recommendations respecting seasons, deadlines, limits and gear, considering steelheads primarily as game fish and salmon, shad and striped bass primarily as food fish, and promoting conservation of all species.
312. Yes. I vote for the proposed law.
313. No. I vote against the proposed law.
- Oregon 1946 ballot measures
- 1946 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1946
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 19, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |