Oregon Court of Appeals
The Oregon Court of Appeals is the intermediate appellate court in Oregon. Except for death penalty cases, which are reserved for the Oregon Supreme Court, and tax court cases, it has jurisdiction to hear all civil and criminal appeals from Oregon circuit courts, and to review actions of most state administrative agencies. The ten judges of the court are chosen by the people in statewide non-partisan elections to six-year terms, and have as their administrative head a chief judge appointed from their number by the chief justice of the Oregon Supreme Court.
Appeals court decisions are subject to a petition by an aggrieved party for review by the Oregon Supreme Court. The petition must be made within 35 days of the decision, and the Oregon Supreme Court determines by vote of the justices whether to review the case.
|Oregon Court of Appeals|
|Method:||Non-partisan election of judges|
|Judge Rick Haselton||1994-2019|
|Judge Rex Armstrong||1994-2019|
|Judge Darleen Ortega||2003-2016|
|Judge Timothy Sercombe||2007-2021|
|Judge Rebecca Duncan||2010-2012||Gov. Ted Kulongoski|
|Judge James C. Egan||2013-2019|
|Judge Lynn Nakamoto||2011-2019||Gov. John Kitzhaber|
|Judge Erika L. Hadlock||2011-2019||Gov. John Kitzhaber|
|Judge Joel S. DeVore||2013-2021||Gov. John Kitzhaber|
|Judge Erin C. Lagesen||2013-2021||Gov. John Kitzhaber|
|Judge Douglas L. Tookey||2013-2021||Gov. John Kitzhaber|
|Judge Meagan A. Flynn||2014-2015||Gov. John Kitzhaber|
|Judge Chris Garrett||2014-2021||Gov. John Kitzhaber|
- Courtroom Weekly: Lie detector detective caused unfair trial in meth case, December 12, 2013
- News: Three candidates to compete in Court of Appeals elections, April 10, 2012
- News: Erika Hadlock appointed to Court of Appeals, July 14, 2011
- Courts in Oregon
- Judicial selection in Oregon
- Oregon Judicial Department, "Oregon Court of Appeals"
- Oregon Court of Appeals, "Oregon Rules of Appellate Procedure"
- Oregon Revised Statutes, "Chapter 2 - Supreme Court; Courts of Appeals (ORS 2.010, et seq.)"
- Oregon Blue Book, "Oregon Court of Appeals Members"
- Oregon Court of Appeals, "Welcome to the Oregon Court of Appeals," accessed November 3, 2014
- May vary for chief judge
Rick Haselton • Rex Armstrong • Darleen Ortega • Timothy Sercombe • Rebecca Duncan • James C. Egan • Lynn Nakamoto • Erika L. Hadlock • Joel S. DeVore • Erin C. Lagesen • Douglas L. Tookey • Meagan A. Flynn • Chris Garrett •
|Former||Martha Walters • Robert Durham • Paul DeMuniz • Michael Gillette • Rives Kistler • Virginia Linder • David V. Brewer • Walt Edmonds • Jack Landau • Robert Wollheim • David Schuman • Ellen Rosenblum •|
- See also: Oregon judicial elections, 2014
|Unopposed||Judge Chris Garrett (Position 1)|
|Unopposed||Judge Timothy Sercombe (Position 4)|
|Unopposed||Judge Joel S. DeVore (Position 11)|
|Unopposed||Judge Erin C. Lagesen (Position 12)|
|Unopposed||Judge Douglas L. Tookey (Position 13)|
- See also: Oregon judicial elections, 2012
|Candidate||Incumbency||Position||Primary Vote||Election Vote|
|Allan J. Arlow||No||Position 6||20.87%|
|Erika L. Hadlock||Yes||Position 9||99.31%|
|James C. Egan||No||Position 6||46.15%||58.05%|
|Lynn Nakamoto||Yes||Position 8||99.30%|
|Rex Armstrong||Yes||Position 10||99.28%|
|Rick Haselton||Yes||Position 5||99.27%|
|Tim Volpert||No||Position 6||32.56%||41.20%|