Oregon Health Plan Trust Fund, Ballot Measure 4 (2000)
This measure failed at the November 2000 General Election.
Dedicates Tobacco-Settlement Proceeds; Earnings Fund Low-Income Health Care
Senator Eugene D. Timms, Senator Lee Beyer, and Edwin Eugene Patterson
Some of those in favor of the measure were:
- Oregon Nurses Association
- Governor (until 2003) John A. Kitzhaber, M.D.
- Oregon Medical Association
- Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems
 The American Heart Association, The American Lung Association of Oregon and many others believed the measure should have designated funding towards tobacco-use prevention and urged voters not to pass a measure that doesn't use the money for what they consider to be its "intended" use.
Some of the others opposed were:
- The American Cancer Society
- Oregon State Council of Senior Citizens
- Oregon Federation of Nurses & Health Professionals
- Housing Lobby Coalition
- Oregon 2000 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- 2000 ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Oregon
- Laws governing the initiative process in Oregon
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|