Oregon Prohibition on Public Funding of Abortions Amendment (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
|Voting on Abortion|
|Not on ballot|
Text of measure
The certified ballot title reads as:
|“||Amends Constitution: Prohibits expending public funds directly/indirectly for: abortion, insurance covering abortion, "related services"; certain exceptions||”|
The full text of the constitutional changes proposed by this measure can be read here.
The measure was primarily supported by Oregon 2014 PAC. The chief petitioners for this proposed initiative were Jeff Jimerson, Lee Edward and Marylin L. Shannon.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Oregon signature requirements
In order to qualify for the ballot, supporters were required to collect a minimum of 116,284 valid signatures by July 3, 2014. On July 2, 2014, the proponents of the measure announced that they would not meet the required amount with approximately 95,000 signatures on hand at the time.
- Full text of proposed initiative 6
- Certified ballot title and summary for proposed initiative 6
- Oregon 2014 PAC
- Oregon Secretary of State, Elections Division, "Detailed Information For : 6/2014," accessed June 6, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Statesman Journal, "Effort to ban state funding for abortion falls short," July 3, 2014
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |