Oregon Salaries of Executive and Judicial Offices, Measure 3 (1956)
The Oregon Salaries of Executive and Judicial Offices Amendment, also known as Measure 3, was on the November 6, 1956 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure fixed the annual salary of the Governor and Secretary of State at $1,500, Treasurer at $800 and Supreme Court Judges at $2,000.
|Oregon Measure 3 (1956)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
3. SALARIES OF CERTAIN STATE OFFICERS - Purpose: To repeal original provision of Oregon Constitution adopted in 1859 fixing the annual salary of Governor and Secretary of State at $1500, State Treasurer at $800 and Supreme Court Judges at $2000.
- Oregon 1956 ballot measures
- 1956 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1956
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |