Oregon Tax Hike Vote (2010), supporters, TV ads
- Main article: Oregon Tax Hike Vote, Ballot Measures 66 and 67 (2010)
TV ads timeline
- On November 27, 2009, Vote Yes For Oregon released the first television ad in support of the tax hike measures. The ad emphasizes the need to raise the state's minimum corporate tax and adds that the tax hikes will "protect the middle class and make the big corporations finally pay their share." Of the "Obama Says" ad by tax-hike opponents, Vote Yes For Oregon said the quote is "out-of-context" and argues that the president was referring to federal taxes and not state taxes.
- On December 9, 2009, they released their second ad, titled “On the Brink.” The ad says that "Oregon can no longer afford to let big corporations and the rich off the hook" and argues that Measure 66 and 67 will help "protect our schools and basic services."
- On December 23, 2009, a third clip titled “We Have a Choice” was released. The ad says that Oregonians have to make a choice to "respond to this recession" - either raise taxes on big corporations or deeper cuts in education and health care.
- On January 5, 2010, a fourth clip was released - "$10 is Not Enough." The ad addresses the bank bailouts and argues that the same banks and corporations that received need to pay their fair share of taxes.
- January 13, 2010, measure supporters released a fifth clip titled "Two Numbers." The video argues that families with income less than $250,000 won't be affected by the proposed tax increase.
Vote Yes for Oregon ad, 11-30-09
Vote Yes for Oregon ad, 12-9-09
Vote Yes for Oregon ad, 12-23-09
Vote Yes for Oregon ad, 1-5-10
Vote Yes for Oregon ad, 1-13-10
- Oregon Public Broadcasting, "Tax Measure Ad Campaigns Criticized As Vote Nears," January 12, 2010
- The Oregonian, "Ad Watch: Oregon Tax Measures 66 and 67," January 14, 2010
- The Oregonian, "Ad wars over Oregon's Measure 66 and 67 test voters' gut emotions," January 14, 2010
- KATU, "Obama statement used in try to defeat tax hikes," December 2, 2009
- YouTube, "Yes on 66 and 67: On the Brink video," accessed January 7, 2010
- YouTube, "Yes on 66 and 67: We Have a Choice video," accessed January 7, 2010
- YouTube, "Yes on 66 and 67: $10 is Not Enough," accessed January 7, 2010
- YouTube, "Two Numbers," accessed January 19, 2010
- The Oregonian, "Oregon tax campaigns release new TV ads," January 13, 2010
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |