|Attorney General of California|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||June 3, 2014|
|Campaign $||$128,998 (3 races)|
|J.D.||Taft Law School|
|Other||DDS, Hebrew University|
|Date of birth||August 30, 1962|
|Place of birth||Kishinev, Moldava|
Taitz previously ran for election in 2012, as a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate. She lost in the June 5 primary election. She was also a candidate for California Secretary of State in the 2010 elections.
Taitz was born in the former communist USSR (in present day Chișinău, Moldova) and raised by her Jewish parents, both of whom worked as science teachers. In 1981, Taitz relocated to Israel, where she earned her D.D.S. from Hebrew University. She immigrated to the United States in 1987 with her Latvian-born husband, Yosef, and obtained citizenship in 1992. Taitz later received her law degree from William Howard Taft University and was admitted to the California Bar in 2002.
Beside practicing law and dentistry, Taitz is a political activist and blogger dedicated to issues of "constitutional law, politics, economy, constitutional education of our youth."
She serves as president of Defend Our Freedoms Foundation and editor of the OrlyTaitzEsq.com blog.
Taitz is best known for her legal and activist work to undermine and discredit the presidency of Barack Obama. Specifically, she attracted considerable attention for her leadership on behalf of the "birther" campaign against the president, which centers on the allegation that Obama was not born in the United States but in Kenya, and is therefore ineligible for the office. She made headlines beginning in late 2008 for her efforts to "expose" the falsification of Obama's birth certificate, earning herself the nickname "Queen of the birthers."
Taitz ignited further controversy by insinuating that Obama is corrupt because of his background, pointing to his past experiences with the Muslim faith as well as with factors of Chicago organized crime. She claims his upbringing and early career affiliations have imprinted him as extremist: "I believe [Obama] is the most dangerous thing one can imagine, in that he represents radical communism and radical Islam: He was born and raised in radical Islam, all of his associations are with radical Islam, and he was groomed in the environment of the dirty Chicago mafia," she was quoted as saying in August 2009.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery - Hebrew University
- Juris Doctor - William Howard Taft University Law School
|Attorney General of California, Blanket Primary, 2014|
|Democratic||Kamala Harris Incumbent||53.2%||2,177,480|
|Election Results via California Secretary of State.|
According to Taitz' 2014 candidate statement, if elected attorney general, she will seek the nullification of the following:
- "unconstitutional NSA spying on law abiding citizens of CA"
- "use by NSA of Google, Facebook, Yahoo and others as a tool in unconstitutional data gathering on citizens of CA, as well as candidates for office, elected officials and judges;" *"an unconstitutional discriminatory Obamacare tax levied on some of the citizens of Ca and waived for corporations;"
- "EPA mandates which destroy businesses and agriculture in CA and deprive the state of water badly needed for farming;"
- "CA provisions of trade agreements, such as TPP, TAFTA, NAFTA, WTO-GATT which deprive citizens of work and environmental protection, as well as jobs, wages and benefits;"
- "NDAA provisions which allow indefinite incarceration without trial;"
- "unfunded Federal mandates which bankrupt businesses and state;"
Her 2014 campaign will also focus on these issues and/or priorities:
- "homeowner and creditor assistance from recovered mortgage proceeds instead of funneling the funds to cronies and targeted extortion and shake downs;"
- "end elections fraud, remove invalid voter registrations from databases, seek legitimacy of candidates, prosecute state officials who ignored all evidence brought by law enforcement and experts, showing Obama to possess citizenship of Indonesia, fabricated Selective Service certificate, fabricated birth certificate and a CT Social Security number, which failed both E-verify and SSNVS."
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - Republican Primary|
|Republican Party||Damon Dunn||74.3%|
|Republican Party||Orly Taitz||25.7%|
Comprehensive donor information for Taitz is available dating back to 2014. Based on available campaign finance records, Taitz raised a total of $5,314 during that time period. This information was last updated on February 11, 2015.
|Orly Taitz's Campaign Contribution History|
|2014||Attorney General of California||$5,314|
|Grand Total Raised||$5,314|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Orly Taitz's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Orly Taitz's Campaign Contributions|
Attorney General of California
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||N/A|
|Top 5 contributors||Taitz, Orly||$2,839|
|Browning, G. Ed||$200|
|Institutions||$775 ($100 Other)|
|Out-of-state donations||$500 ($220 Unknown)|
As of February 2014, Taitz has been married for 23 years, and has three sons ranging in age from 16 to 20 years old.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Orly + Taitz + California"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Attorney General of California
- California attorney general election, 2014
- California Secretary of State
- California Secretary of State election, 2010
2014 Campaign links:
- Orly Taitz for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website, "Home," accessed February 18, 2014
- Orly Taitz for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website, "Candidate Statement," accessed February 19, 2014
- Time Magazine, "Orly Taitz: natural-born litigator," December 8, 2009
- The Orange County Register, "'Queen of the Birthers': Attorney gains notoriety for strange challenges of Obama's citizenship," October 26, 2009
- Time Magazine, "2-Minute Bio: Orly Taitz," August 10, 2009
- Esquire, "What Really Happens When You Demand the President Produce His Birth Certificate?" August 11, 2009
- California Secretary of State, "Certified list of candidates," accessed June 1, 2012 (dead link)
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012 (dead link)
- California Secretary of State - 2010 Statewide Primary Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Contributions to Taitz, Orly," accessed February 11, 2015
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |