Owen H. Johnson
|Owen H. Johnson|
|New York Senate District 4|
|1973 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
Johnson was in the United States Marine Corps.
Johnson earned his BA in History/Political Science from Hofstra College in 1956.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
- Children and Families
- Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business
- Environmental Conservation
- Finance Vice chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Senate
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Senate
- Ethics Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Rules Committee, New York State Senate
- Transportation Committee, New York State Senate
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Johnson did not seek re-election in 2012. It was originally believed that he would be the Republican candidate and his announcement came after nominating petitions were submitted on his behalf.
Johnson was unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. He defeated Maeghan Lollo (D) in the general election. In addition to his slot on the Republican Party ticket, Johnson was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and Working Families Party.
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 4 (2010)|
|Owen H. Johnson (R)||43,687|
|Maeghan Lollo (D)||22,135|
On November 4, 2008 Owen H. Johnson won the election for New York State Senate, District 4 with 66,007 votes.
Johnson raised $241,080 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 3 (2008)|
|Owen H. Johnson (R)||66,007|
|Tanya D. Gillard (D)||39,456|
|John Albano (WOR)||2,219|
Listed below are the largest contributors to Johnson's 2010 campaign.
|New York State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Owen H. Johnson's campaign in 2010|
|Real Estate Board of New York||$2,000|
|Intercounty Health Facilities Association||$2,000|
|RCI Industries Inc||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$74,475|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Owen H. Johnson's 2008 campaign.
|New York State Troopers||$9,750|
|RCI Industries Inc||$5,000|
|Burt R. Shaffer||$5,000|
|New York State Association of Realtors||$4,750|
|Amalgamated Transit Union New York||$4,500|
Johnson and his wife Christel have two children.
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Owen Johnson on Twitter
- Complete list of sponsored bills
|New York State Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|
Philip Boyle (R)