P. Michael Sturla
|P. Michael Sturla|
|Pennsylvania State House District 96|
|1991 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas, 1979|
|Place of birth||Lancaster, PA|
Sturla earned his BS in Environmental Design from the University of Kansas in 1979. He is the founder of Sturla Brothers, Incorporated Construction and Contracting and founder of Aarchitrave.
Sturla served on the Lancaster City Council from 1987 to 1990. He then joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1991. He has served in that position since, representing the 96th District. He currently serves as Majority Policy Chairman.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sturla served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sturla served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capitol Preservation|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Sturla served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
Sturla ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 96. Sturla ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on April 24 and defeated Thomas Garman (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 96, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||P. Michael Sturla Incumbent||67.5%||14,659|
|Pennsylvania State House, District 96|
|P. Michael Sturla (D)||6,962||62.0%|
|Tom Garman (R)||4,270||38.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 96|
|Mike Sturla (D)||18,877||100.0%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Sturla received $210,184 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to P. Michael Sturla's campaign in 2010|
|Pennsylvania State Education Association||$15,500|
|Pennsylvania Association For Justice||$12,000|
|Hagelgans & Veronis LLP||$6,000|
|Egan, Peter C||$5,250|
|Pennsylvania Institute Of CPAs||$4,750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$210,184|
Sturla and his wife, Nicole, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Michael + Sturla + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Naming Windom in the Manor - Lancaster Newspapers
- Pennsylvania Film Tax Credit Program - Thephilanews
- Special education faces dilemma - Lancaster Newspapers
- Special education: Time has come, officials say, for a more equitable funding ... - Lancaster Newspapers
- Pa. Supreme Court backs GOP plan to redraw state's legislative boundaries - Lancaster Newspapers
- Pa. Repubs to Debate Cutting Abortion Coverage From Obamacare - HispanicBusiness.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. P. Michael Sturla
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |