Pacific Parc School Property Transfer, Measure D (May 2011)
for voters in the Pacific Parc School area in San Mateo County, where it was approved.
Measure D transfers the twenty-five parcels that make up the Pacific Parc territory from the Ravenswood City School District to the Menlo Park City School District. The transfer will be considered effective as of July 1, 2012.
Transferring the property to Menlo Park City Schools from Ravenswood City Schools means an increase in parcel taxes for the property owners of the twenty-five parcels in Pacific Parc.
- In Menlo Park City School District, the current parcel tax levy is $752.74 per parcel per year.
- In Ravenswood City School District, the current parcel tax levy is $98.00 par parcel per year.
- Upon transfer, each owner of a parcel in the Pacific Parc territory would therefore pay an additional $654.74 annually in parcel taxes.
- Menlo Park City School District would receive an additional $18,818.50 per year in parcel taxes.
- Ravenswood City School District would $2,450.00 per year in parcel tax revenues.
The transfer also influences school bond payments for property owners in the Pacific Parc area.
- The owners of the Pacific Parc parcels currently pay $5,612.50 per year to the Ravenswood City School District for general obligation bonds, an average of $224.50 per parcel.
- Once a transfer took place (if it does), the owners of the parcels would be obligated to pay a total of $6,321.78 per year to the Menlo Park City School District for general obligation bonds, an average of $252.87 per parcel.
- This means that the average Pacific Parc property owner would pay an additional $28.37 per year in general obligation bonds upon transfer.
The combined increase in parcel taxes and school bond payments will be $683.11.
- These final election results are from the San Mateo County elections office as of May 10, 2011.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|Measure D: Shall the Pacific Parc territory, which currently consists of twenty-five (25) parcels located at 600 Willow Road in Menlo Park, California, be transferred from the Ravenswood City School District to the Menlo Park City School District, such that by operation of law, persons residing within the subject territory would be considered residents of the Menlo Park City School District effective July 1, 2012?|