|U.S. House, Texas, District 13|
|Bachelor's||Texas A&M University, 1975|
|Other||DVM, Texas A&M University, 1979|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1976-2007|
|Date of birth||October 11, 1954|
Barlow earned both a B.S. in Animal Science/Production and a B.S. in Veterinary Science from Texas A&M University in 1975 and 1976, respectively. She went on to receive her DVM from Texas A&M University in 1979. Barlow served in the United States Army from 1976 to 2007. She has worked as a veterinarian/owner of Bowie Pet Clinic since 1984.
Barlow's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Tax And Spend
- Excerpt: "The Federal government should be as small as possible to do the things that it is Constitutionally required to do. The problem with sending money to Washington to do anything is that it is NOT cost efficient."
- Sanctity Of Life
- Excerpt: "I believe that life begins at fertilization, and that at that very moment a singularly created individual human being exists. The rest of the pregnancy is just incubation. And I believe that every baby is a blessing, although not always for the Birth Mother."
- No Amnesty For Illegal Aliens
- Excerpt: "I agree with the Arizona Law, and the need to close and enforce ALL of the borders of the United States. We do NOT need "comprehensive immigration reform," we need to vigorously enforce the laws already on the books."
- The Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "The Constitution affirms the right of every law abiding citizen to keep and bear arms. I do not believe the Government has the authority to abridge this right unless the gun owner is found guilty of committing serious criminal acts and is ruled to be a danger to the populace."
- Equal Opportunity
- Excerpt: "It means every US citizen gets treated exactly the same and has the same chance for success or failure regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, etc."
- Energy/Oil/Global Warming
- Excerpt: "Drill, baby, drill. Any questions? I have a working well on my property behind my house, but I don't own any part of it or get any royalties from it unfortunately. I am very much in favor of pursuing solar, nuclear, wind, and any new energy technology that might move us forward."
"Meet candidate Barlow"
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Pam + Barlow + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas' 13th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2012
- U.S. House elections, 2012
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign Facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |