For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Montana State Senate, District 43|
|January 5, 2015 - present|
|January 7, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 87|
|2011 - 2013|
|Associate's||Southwestern College, 1969|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana, 1973|
|Date of birth||July 15, 1949|
|Place of birth||Santa Monica, California|
Connell earned his A.S. in Electronic Technology from Southwestern College in 1969, and B.S. in Resource Conservation from the University of Montana School of Forestry in 1973. His professional experience includes founding Timberland Forestry Services, LLC; and working as vice president of resource operations at Rocky Mountain Log Homes.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Connell served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Business, Labor and Economic Affairs|
|• Energy and Telecommunications|
|• Natural Resources|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Connell served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Fish, Wildlife and Parks|
|• Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
|• State Administration|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Connell served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Fish, Wildlife, and Parks|
|• Natural Resources|
|• State Administration|
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Montana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for major party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Robert Schumacher was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 44 incumbent Scott Boulanger was defeated by Pat Connell in the Republican primary. Connell defeated Schumacher in the general election. Incumbent Gene Vuckovich (D), who was not up for re-election, was reassigned to District 39.
|Montana State Senate, District 43 General Election, 2014|
|Montana State Senate, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Scott Boulanger Incumbent||49.6%||2,369|
Connell won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 87. Connell defeated Scott Boulanger and Jeff Burrows in the June 5 primary election and defeated Jan Wisniewski (D) and Karen Fisher (L) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 87, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pat Connell Incumbent||68.4%||3,749|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 87 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Pat Connell Incumbent||47.6%||1,013|
On November 2, 2010, Connell won election to the Montana House of Representatives. Connell defeated Jeff Burrows in the June 8 primary by a margin on 1,149-956. He faced Tobias Martin (L) in the November 2 general election.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 87 General Election (2010)|
|Patrick Connell (R)||3,586|
|Tobias Martin (L)||769|
Comprehensive donor information for Connell is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Connell raised a total of $31,855 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Patrick Connell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 87||$18,998|
|2010||Montana House, District 87||$12,857|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,855|
2012Connell won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Connell raised a total of $18,998.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patrick Connell's campaign in 2012|
|Connell, Patrick O.||$5,812|
|Ravalli County Republican Central Committee||$600|
|Montana Contractors Association||$320|
|Staples, Mark C.||$260|
|Ravalli County Republican Women's Club||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$18,998|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Connell was up for re-election, he collected $12,857 in donations.
His largest contributor in 2010 was:
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
Connell and his wife, Patricia, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Patrick + Connell + Montana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana State Senate
- Montana Senate Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Official campaign website (Archived)
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 12, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Connell, Pat," accessed September 25, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed March 8, 2014
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
|Montana State Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|
Ronald Stoker (R)
|Montana House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|