|Kansas House of Representatives District 119|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
George is the co-owner of the Dodge City Legend Professional Basketball Team. Additionally, he has been a partner in a number of businesses, including the Dodge City Steak Company and G and G Incorporated.
He has his B.A. in Psychology from Benedictine College.
George's website lists his legislative priorities as education, family values, and economic development.
He refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Has not sponsored any major legislation.
- Taxation Committee, House of Representatives
- Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee, House of Representatives
- Vision 2020 Committee, House of Representatives (Vice Chair)
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, House of Representatives
- Economic Development Joint Committee, State Legislature
George ran for re-election to the 119th District seat against Rebecca Escalante (D). George had no opposition in the GOP primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 119 General Election (2010)|
|Pat George (R)||3,809|
|Rebecca Escalante (D)||702|
On November 4, 2008, George was re-elected to the 119th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Rebecca Escalante (D). George raised $33,825 for his campaign, while Escalante raised $7,581.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 119|
|Pat George (R)||4,811||76.4%|
|Rebecca Escalante (D)||1,480||23.5%|
In 2008 George collected $33,825 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Kansas Association of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Bankers Association||$750|
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Pat George (dead link)
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2004, 2006, 2008
- DodgeCity.com, Weber chosen to replace outgoing lawmaker, 18 Dec. 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Pat George Biography
- Rep. Pat George Issues
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. George Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member (dead link)
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2008 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2008 - Candidates," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 119
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |