was a Democratic
candidate for District 42, Washington State Senate
. The primary election was on August 11, 2010. The state legislative general election was on November 2, 2010
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
Pat Jerns ran for re-election to the Washington State Senate District 42 seat. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 17, 2010. He was defeated by Doug Ericksen (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
| Washington State Senate, District 42 Primary (2010)
| Doug Ericksen (R)
| Pat Jerns (D)
Jern's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "When people are out of work we pay in many different ways to support them. I’d rather invest those dollars in making more jobs so that we get a better return on our investment and they can live a better more productive life."
- Excerpt: "I believe that we need to fund and oversee our education system to determine that it is delivering quality, meaningful educational opportunities with measureable results."
- Excerpt: "We need to use all reasonable means to find ways of enjoying the earth, water and air without harming it."
- Law, Justice and Consumer Protection
- Excerpt: "We need to provide protection for consumers, especially the elderly or disadvantaged from those who would take unfair advantage of them."