|U.S. House, Ohio, District 15|
|Athens City Council|
|J.D.||University of Cincinnati|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 15th Congressional District
While at Ohio University, Lang became the first undergraduate to ever be elected to the Athens City Council. After earning a law degree, Lang became assistant county prosecutor in Athens. Eventually, he was elected to the position of Law Director.
- See also: Ohio's 15th Congressional District elections, 2012
Lang was defeated by incumbent Steve Stivers. Lang ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Ohio's 15th District. Lang defeated Scott Wharton in the March 6 Democratic primary and faced incumbent Steve Stivers (R) in the November 6 general election.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Ohio in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could have determined whether Democrats retake the House or ifRepublicans would hold their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Ohio-District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Scott Wharton
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Lang's reports.
|Pat Lang (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$5,675.53||$20,014.23||$(17,670.83)||$8,018.93|
|July Quarterly||July 15||$5,675.53||$31,205.00||$(31,205.00)||$5,029.76|
- ↑ Roll Call Democrat from Athens will challenge Steve Stivers in Ohio January 5, 2012
- ↑ "The Athens Messenger Lang announces bid for Congress January 5, 2012
- ↑ Politico, "2012 Election Map, Ohio"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Patrick Lang's Summary Report," accessed July 17, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Patrick Lang April Quarterly," accessed July 17, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Patrick Lang July Quarterly," Accessed October 5, 2012