|Michigan House of Representatives District 23|
|January 1, 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan, 2003|
|Birthday||April 11, 1980|
|Place of birth||Dearborn, MI|
Somerville is self-employed in sales and marketing. He has also worked as a manager for Walgreens, and has previously served as chairman of the Wayne County Young Republicans, and as precinct delegate for the 15th Congressional District.
Somerville graduated from the University of Michigan with a bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering.
Somerville's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Reviving Michigan’s economy will continue to be Somerville’s top priority for hard working taxpayers in the 23rd District. The government does not create jobs, the private-sector does!"
- Excerpt:"We must continue to be good stewards of the taxpayer’s money. Our hardworking taxpayers have a right to know where and how their money is being spent."
- Excerpt:"Our children need an excellent education in order to compete in the knowledge economy and to ensure that they experience a high quality of life."
- Excerpt:"Somerville believes that life in all of its forms and stages is a gift from God and it should be cherished, honored, and protected. Somerville will always fight to protect the rights of the unborn."
- Excerpt:"Gun laws don’t deter criminals, but they do disarm law-abiding citizens. This makes them easier targets, easier to attack, and eventually leads to the end of individual freedom."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Somerville served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Financial Services, Vice-chair|
|• Local Government|
|• Tax Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Somerville served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
Somerwville won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 23. He defeated Jeremy Cady in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Tom Boritzki (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pat Somerville Incumbent||50.5%||22,810|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Pat Somerville Incumbent||82.3%||5,592|
Somerville won election to the District 23 Seat in 2010. He defeated Matthew McCormick and Daniel McIntyre in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Deb Kennedy (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23 General election (2010)|
|Pat Somerville (R)||15,927|
|Deb Kennedy (D)||13,877|
More voting record details
- List of all of Pat Somerville’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Somerville raised $29,450 in contributions. 
She donated the most to her campaign, $9,725.
Rep. Pat Somerville
S-787 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: (517) 373-0855
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Pat Somerville received a 85% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Somerville is single.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Pat + Somerville + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Michigan Votes - Pat Somerville
- Pat Somerville on Facebook
Deb Kennedy (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |