Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 8|
Delany ended his bid for re-election in 2011. He and incumbent Scott Rudder ran unopposed in the Republican Primary on June 7. Sharyn Pertnoy-Schmidt and Raymond Storck ran in the Democratic primary unopposed. Robert Edward Forchion, Jr. also ran for the seat as an Independent.
Delaney resigned in 2011 after it was revealed that his wife had sent a racially-charged email to State Senate candidate Carl Lewis (D). In the email, she argued that Lewis' candidacy was only based on his race and name recognition (Lewis is a former Olympic track and field athlete). She stated, "Imagine having dark skin and name recognition and the nerve to think that equaled knowing something about politics." Following the incident, Delaney resigned quietly, disavowing his wife's statements and stating that he wished to avoid any further embarrassment for his family. He did not seek re-election. Freeholder Chris Brown (R) replaced Delany on the ballot.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Patrick + Delany + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Politicker NJ, "Burlco GOP taps Addiego for Senate seat; Delany for Assembly in 8th District," November 15, 2010
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- Burlington County Times, "Delany’s resignation sparked by wife’s email," August 23, 2011
- Burlington County Times, "Freeholder Chris Brown will replace Delany as Assembly candidate," August 12, 2011
Dawn Addiego (R)
|New Jersey General Assembly District 8
| Succeeded by|
Chris Brown (R)