|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Real estate broker|
Lucas earned his marketing degree from Marshall University in 1991. His professional experience includes working as the owner/broker of Century 21 Homes and Land in Barboursville, West Virginia.
Lucas' website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- "Common Sense Issue #1:Jobs" - "I believe that the quickest way to improve the economy of our state is to increase the number of quality jobs by reducing many of the unnecessary, job-killing state taxes that currently exist."
- "Common Sense Issue #2:Taxes" - "The less taxes each West Virginian has to pay, the more disposable income each West Virginian has to spend in West Virginia businesses."
- "Common Sense Issue #3:The role of Government" - "I believe that government should be responsible for protecting it's citizens, creating and maintaining it's infrastructure, balancing the state budget, listening to the voice of each citizen, and representing it's citizens with nonpartisan integrity."
- "Common Sense Issue #4:Abortion" - "I value every life, from conception to the hospital bed or hospice house. I do not understand how any parent or physician can willingly end the life of another human being.
- "Common Sense Issue #5:Marriage" - "I believe in the traditional definition of marriage between one man and one woman."
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 16 is represented by three delegates. Incumbent James Morgan, Sean Hornbuckle and Lauren Plymale were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Carol Miller, Dale Anderson II and Patrick Lucas defeated David Bender and Lionel Jones in the Republican primary. Morgan, Hornbuckle, Plymale, Anderson, Lucas and Miller will face off in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 16 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Carol Miller Incumbent||35.7%||1,146|
|Dale Anderson II||18%||577|
Lucas was a Republican candidate for District 15, West Virginia House of Delegates in the November 2, 2010 state legislative election. Lucas was defeated for one of the three positions in District 15. His opponents in the general election were Democratic incumbents James Morgan and Kevin Craig; Democrat Matthew James Woelfel, Republican incumbent Carol Miller and Republican Douglas W. Franklin. The top three vote-getters were elected.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 15 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Carol Miller (R)||1,505||11.74%|
|Patrick Allen Lucas (R)||1,055||8.23%|
|Douglas W. Franklin (R)||831||6.48%|
Lucas and his wife, Dr. Paula Lucas, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Patrick + Lucas + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Representatives
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- Herald Dispatch, "Candidate profile," April 19, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 11, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |