|California State Senate District 39|
|Bachelor's||San Diego State University, 1995|
|Master's||San Diego State University, 1999|
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 39
of the California State Senate
Marsh earned both his BA in History and his M.S. in Accountancy from San Diego State University in 1995 and 1999, respectively. He has worked as both a public auditor at a major firm and as an internal auditor in the health care and government contracting industries. Marsh also has financial experience in the health care industry.
Marsh stated the following in a biographical submission to Ballotpedia:
"My political philosophy for the state government can be summarized as follows:
- Lawmakers must first consider the effects on personal freedom. I consider an action to be free provided it does not directly infringe on the rights of another, and it is not performed out of malice.
- Lawmakers must next consider the financial impact on the public, and should look first to offsetting expenditures in the budget or finding cost saving efficiencies prior to considering a tax increase
- All financial decisions should take into account the role of government in society, that being responsibility for educating, protecting, and caring for its citizens. Budget or spending cuts violate principles of good governance when they materially and negatively affect the citizens."
"My goals as a lawmaker are these:
- Encourage an environment of principled, predictable, and well communicated philosophy to enhance voters' ability to select appropriate candidates and force elected officials to clearly assert where they stand on all issues.
- Prevent increases to state revenue from taxpayers. The size of California's budget is, in my opinion, sufficient to provide for the citizens. What is lacking is a concerted effort to figure out how to enforce this, as opposed to the easy route of budget increases.
- Except where absolutely necessary or procedurally required, I do not plan on introducing any legislation. There are already more laws in our state than any reasonable person can follow and they change constantly. I would like to be a force against that mindset and focus instead of making the existing budget work."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2012
Marsh ran in the 2012 election for California State Senate District 39. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Senate, District 39 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Patrick Marsh
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Patrick + Marsh + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Patrick Marsh News Feed