|Maine House of Representatives, District 141|
|2010 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Bennett earned his B.A. in Accounting from Bentley University. His professional experience includes working as a math teacher and real estate agent.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bennett served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bennett served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
Bennett won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 141. Bennett ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and defeated Edward Legg (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 141, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Paul Bennet Incumbent||51.7%||2,869|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 141 (2010)|
|Paul Bennett (R)||2,441||53%|
|Edward Legg (D)||2,029||44%|
Comprehensive donor information for Bennett is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Bennett raised a total of $9,544 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Paul Bennett's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 141||$4,009|
|2010||Maine State House, District 141||$5,535|
|Grand Total Raised||$9,544|
2012Bennett won re-election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bennett raised a total of $4,009.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Paul Bennett's campaign in 2012|
|Bennett, Paul E||$500|
|Hetz, Elizabeth Jo||$350|
|Republican Speakers Fund||$350|
|Wayne Parry for State Representative House District 140||$350|
|Trentalange Family Dentistry||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,009|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Bennett raised $5,535 in contributions.
No contributions to his campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Bennett and his wife, Julie, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Paul + Bennett + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Paul Bennett
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Paul Bennett on Facebook
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Bennett, Paul Edward," accessed September 18, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Edward Legg (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 141
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |