Paul Brown (Alaska)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 1|
Brown's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Why I’m running for State House
- Excerpt: "I’m running for State House because it’s time for some new energy in Juneau. We’ve had forty years of oil wealth that should have built a diversified, sustainable economy for Alaska – and it didn’t happen."
- Excerpt: "Companies that develop our oil and gas resources bring economic growth and opportunity to Alaska. It is important we have a tax structure that incentivizes development. Affordable energy is critical to the future of all areas of Alaska. We have some of the largest oil and gas reserves in the country. "
- Fiscal Policy
- Excerpt: "With nearly 90% of our state budget coming from petroleum tax revenues, we must face facts: throughput is declining. We must not only control spending, but also look hard at the factors hindering development. At the same time, we need to look at ways to diversify our economic base, including strategic investments in the infrastructure necessary to build the future of Alaska."
- Social Issues
- Excerpt: "Federal and state oversight of education should be minimal. Education decisions should be made at the local level; one-size-fits-all solutions don’t work."
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 1 Republican Primary, 2012|
Brown and his wife, Carissa, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Brown + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.