|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 8-2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Otter Valley UHS|
|Bachelor's||University of Vermont|
|Place of birth||Middlebury, VT|
Dame's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Health Care & Single Payer
- Excerpt: "We need to spend our time and energy on reducing the cost of care by removing the burdens on new care facilities that have a difficult "certificate of public need" process, that bigger healthcare businesses don't have to abide by. We should also look at innovations like New Jersey's Free Clinic model which assigns physician malpractice liability to the state when the physician voluntarily provides FREE care at a free clinic. I also think that Vermont should permit insurance to be offered outside of the ACA exchange - we are the only state that has made it ILLEGAL to buy insurance anywhere else. Doing so along with broader non-indemnity insurance offerings (similar to life & disability insurance policies) could provide coverage to people who currently can't afford it."
- Transportation Infrastructure & Circumferential Highway
- Excerpt: "Even if the entire Circ will not be built according to its original design, I strongly believe that the portion connecting the Essex Outlets (and the rear entrance to the Champlain Valley Expo) would be of special benefit to residents of Essex, Jericho & Williston, and would be a service to all Vermonters and our visitors. The current congestion on Route 2 is hurting our productivity and our environment. If our legislature is willing to risk a lawsuit over GMO labeling, I think they ought to have the boldness to build the necessary infrastructure needed here in Chittenden County."
- IBM and Local Economy
- Excerpt: "At one time IBM was the largest employer in the state. But over time that has changed, and that change serves as an example of how hostile the state has been to job providers…Vermont needs to have an attitude that seeks to encourage businesses to stay and relocate here. Recently Dealer.com was hit by a reinstatement of the "Cloud Tax" which puts a VT sales tax on cloud-based services. During the last election a moratorium was put on the tax - but after the election that moratorium was repealed. We need to repeal this tax to keep VT businesses on a level playing field."
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-8-2 has two state representatives. Incumbents Tim Jerman and Linda Waite-Simpson were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Paul Dame was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lillith Soleil ran unopposed in the Libertarian primary. As a running mate, Dame recruited Tim Allard who earned 90 write-in votes to surpass the required 25 votes.. Jerman and Dame defeated Waite-Simpson, Allard and Soleil in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden-8-2 District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Tim Jerman Incumbent||26.2%||1,473|
|Democratic||Linda Waite-Simpson Incumbent||24.4%||1,371|
Dame ran for election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 8-2. Dame was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Paul + Dame + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Paul Dame for State Rep, "Issues," accessed October 27, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- VTDigger.org, "Familiar Republican Joins Dame on Ballot in Essex Junction’s House Race," August 31, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results," accessed July 12, 2014