|Connecticut State Senate, District 20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Formica's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "It’s time we look at where we are as a country and take immediate action to guarantee that the “American Dream” will be available for every generation of future Americans. We need to be able to leave our kids a truly “United” States of America that is safe and financially secure."
- Excerpt: "I am an independent leader, who if sent to Washington, will fight to ensure that Americans can have access to affordable and quality healthcare through a free-market approach. The legislation that was passed by Congressman Joe Courtney, a Democratic Congress and the Obama Administration is an attack on individual liberty and freedom, adding taxes; it does not address the true problems that must be solved in the years ahead."
- Excerpt: "As the premier country in the world we have to come from a position of strength. I support a strong national defense and I support all of our families who have family members defending our country."
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Connecticut State Senate consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Elizabeth B. Ritter defeated William L. Satti in the Democratic primary, while Paul M. Formica was unopposed in the Republican primary. Formica defeated Ritter in the general election. Ritter was also endorsed by the Working Families Party.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 20 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Formica ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Connecticut's 2nd District. Formica won the nomination on the Republican ticket. Formica defeated Daria Novak in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. He faced incumbent Joe Courtney, Dan Reale (L), and Colin D. Bennet (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Courtney was re-elected.
|U.S. House, Connecticut District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Joe Courtney Incumbent||68.2%||204,708|
|Republican||Paul M Formica||29.4%||88,103|
|Green||Colin D. Bennet||1.2%||3,638|
|Source: Connecticut Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Connecticut's 2nd Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House, Connecticut District 2, 2012 - Paul Formica Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,520,759|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,449,935|
|Top contributors to Paul Formica's campaign committee|
|Brown & Brown Insurance||$5,000|
|Essex Financial Services||$2,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Civil Servants/Public Officials||$3,250|
In 2014, Formica's endorsements include the following:
- Independent Party of Connecticut
- National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB)
- Connecticut Realtors Association
Formica is widowed and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Paul + Formica + Connecticut + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut State Senate
- Connecticut State Senate District 20
- Connecticut State Senate elections, 2014
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Paul Formica on Facebook
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- The CT Mirror, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- AP Results, "U.S. House primary election results" accessed August 14, 2012
- ABC News, "2012 General Election Results," accessed November 6, 2012
- Open Secrets, "Paul Formica 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
- formicaforsenate.com, "Endorsements," accessed October 8, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014