|Oregon House of Representatives District 8|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Eugene, OR|
Paul Holvey Attended Lane Community College, Central Washington University, and the University of Oregon. He also earned a certificate from the University of Oregon Labor Education and Research Center.
Paul Holvey has worked as a carpenter, foreman, and project superintendent under various contractors and began his professional experience in this manner. Holvey has also worked as a real estate agent, a union represtnative for the Pacific Northwest Carpenters, and as a Community Relations Representative for The Northwest Carpenters.
Paul Holvey began his service as senator within the Oregon State Senate in 2004 and continues to serve in that regard. He was appointed January 2004.
- Board Member, Lane Business Education Compact, present
- Member, Lane Community College Citizen Advisory Committee, present
- Vice-President, Lane County Labor Council, present
- Secretary/Treasurer, Carpenters Local #1273, 1997-2004
- Past Vice President, American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
- Member, Eugene-Springfield Solidarity Network
- Member, Lane Business Education Compact Board
- Member, Lane Community College Citizens Advisory Committee
- Member/Past Secretary/Past Treasurer, United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 1273
- Member, Ya-Po-Ah Terrace Retirement Association Board of Directors.
- Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee
- Economic and Workforce Development Committee of the Lane County Labor Council
- Oregon-South West Washington Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee
- Siuslaw National Forest Resource Advisory Committee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Holvey served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Consumer Protection and Government Efficiency, Chair|
|• Land Use|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Holvey served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• General Government and Consumer Protection|
|• Rules, Vice Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Holvey served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Consumer Protection|
|• Sustainability and Economic Development|
Holvey won re-election in the 2012 election for Oregon House of Representatives District 8. Holvey was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and defeated Aaron Baker (R) and Lucian Blansett (C) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Paul Holvey Incumbent||70.8%||21,681|
|Oregon State House, District 8|
|Paul Holvey (D)||17,715|
|Simone Gordon (R)||6,581|
On November 4, 2008, Holvey won re-election to Oregon State House District 8. He ran unopposed.
Holvey raised $91,928 for his campaign.
|Oregon State House District 8|
|Paul Holvey (D)||23,366|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Holvey collected $79,804 in campaign donations in 2010. The largest donors to the campaign are listed below.
|Oregon House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Paul Holvey's campaign in 2010|
|Pacific Northwest Regional Council Of Carpenters||$19,870|
|Oregon Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Holvey, Paul R||$2,141|
|Oregon Health Care Association||$2,000|
|Oregon Nurses Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$79,804|
In 2008 Holvey collected $91,928 in donations.
These were his largest contributors in 2008.
|PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGIONAL COUNCIL OF CARPENTERS||$36,700|
|OREGON TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATIONN||$2,500|
|OREGON BEER & WINE DISTRIBUTORS ASSOCIATION||$2,000|
|CREDIT UNION ASSOCIATION OF OREGON||$2,000|
Paul Holvey was born in 1940 in Eugene, Oregon and subsequently raised in the same location. He is currently married to Terrie Holvey with one child.
- Representative Holvey's campaign
- Oregon House of Representative - Rep. Paul Holvey
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Oregon House Democrats
- Oregon Votes
- Representative Holvey's facebook
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," Accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Oregon Live Election, Election Results
- ↑ "Oregon State House official election results for 2008"
- ↑ Follow the Money 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donors
- ↑ 2008 campaign contributions
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 8
| Succeeded by|