Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 99|
|Place of birth||Galena, Illinois|
Kern has worked as an insurance agent in Dubuque, Iowa for 30 years.
Kern's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt:"I believe we should promote tuition credit for those willing to be educated in Iowa who commit to working in and growing businesses in Iowa for a certain time period."
Out of Control Spending
- Excerpt:"I commit to you that I will take the same attitude with your money as I do my own. My parents taught me the value of a dollar and I know how hard it is to earn it."
Return to a Citizen Legislature
- Excerpt:"I don’t believe our Founding Fathers ever intended for there to be career politicians. I believe they envisioned a citizen legislature where everyone would have an opportunity to serve, including such as the baker, the blacksmith, the homemaker, the farmer, and the businessman."
Kern ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 99. Kern ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012, and was defeated by Pat Murphy (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 99, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Patrick Murphy Incumbent||59.7%||10,098|
Kern and his wife Susan have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Paul + Kern + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Paul Kern on Facebook
- Paul Kern on Twitter
- Paul Kern on LinkedIn
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |