|California State Assembly District 43|
|2007 - 2010|
|Resigned office January 5, 2010|
|Profession||Partner, Fisher & Krekorian|
Krekorian resigned his seat in the state assembly on January 5, 2010, to be sworn in as a member of the Los Angeles City Council.
Krekorian is a Partner with Fisher & Krekorian. He previously served as Counsel on the Webster Commission, and Law Clerk for the Organized Crime Strike Force, United States Justice Department.
He is a member of the D&M Foundation Advisory Board, Los Angeles County Bar Association Board, Los Angeles County Law Library Board.
Political Courage test
Krekorian did not provide answers to the California State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Capitol Weekly, California's major weekly periodical covering the state legislature, publishes an annual legislative scorecard to pin down the political or ideological leanings of every member of the legislature based on how they voted on an assortment of bills in the most recent legislative session. The 2009 scores were based on votes on 19 bills, but did not include how legislators voted on the Proposition 1A (2009). On the scorecard, "100" is a perfect liberal score and "0" is a perfect conservative score.
On the 2009 Capitol Weekly legislative scorecard, Krekorian ranked as a 97.
Krekorian served on the following House committees:
- Accountability and Administrative Review Committee, California General Assembly
- Select Committee on Aerospace
- Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism, and Internet Media Committee, California General Assembly
- Assembly Legislative Ethics (Co-Chair)
- Judiciary Committee, California General Assembly
- Local Government Committee, California General Assembly
- Select Committee on Preservation of California's Entertainment Industry (Chair)
- Utilities and Commerce Committee, California General Assembly
- Water, Parks and Wildlife Committee, California General Assembly
Krekorian's sponsored legislation included:
- AB 21 - Renewable energy resources
- AB 64 - Energy: renewable energy resources
- AB 952 - Health information: disclosure: Taft-Hartley
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Below are Krekorian's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|California State Council of Service Employees||$14,400|
|CA State Council of Laborers||$9,200|
|CA Assoc of Realtors||$7,200|
- Official state assembly website of Paul Krekorian
- Biographical profile of Paul Krekorian on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
- Los Angeles Times, "Krekorian's council victory a lesson on election spending," December 9, 2009
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Krekorian
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Krekorian Issue Positions
- Capitol Weekly, "Capitol Weekly's Legislative Scorecard," December 17, 2009
- Fox and Hounds Daily, "Random Thoughts on the Political Scene," December 18, 2009
- Capitol Weekly," Downloadable 2009 Capitol Weekly State Legislative Scorecard
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|California State Assembly District 43
2007-January 5, 2010
| Succeeded by|