|Los Angeles City Council, District 2|
|Years in position||4|
|California State Assembly District 43|
|2007 - 2010|
|Profession||Partner, Fisher & Krekorian|
Krekorian's professional experience includes working as a lawyer for Fisher & Krekorian; as Counsel on the Webster Commission, and as Law Clerk for the Organized Crime Strike Force, United States Justice Department.
He has also been involved with the D&M Foundation Advisory Board, Los Angeles County Bar Association Board and Los Angeles County Law Library Board.
Political Courage test
Krekorian did not provide answers to the California State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Capitol Weekly, California's major weekly periodical covering the state legislature, publishes an annual legislative scorecard to pin down the political or ideological leanings of every member of the legislature based on how they voted on an assortment of bills in the most recent legislative session. The 2009 scores were based on votes on 19 bills, but did not include how legislators voted on the Proposition 1A (2009). On the scorecard, "100" is a perfect liberal score and "0" is a perfect conservative score.
On the 2009 Capitol Weekly legislative scorecard, Krekorian ranked as a 97.
Krekorian served on the following House committees:
- Accountability and Administrative Review Committee, California General Assembly
- Select Committee on Aerospace
- Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism, and Internet Media Committee, California General Assembly
- Assembly Legislative Ethics (Co-Chair)
- Judiciary Committee, California General Assembly
- Local Government Committee, California General Assembly
- Select Committee on Preservation of California's Entertainment Industry (Chair)
- Utilities and Commerce Committee, California General Assembly
- Water, Parks and Wildlife Committee, California General Assembly
Krekorian's sponsored legislation included:
- AB 21 - Renewable energy resources
- AB 64 - Energy: renewable energy resources
- AB 952 - Health information: disclosure: Taft-Hartley
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Below are Krekorian's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|California State Council of Service Employees||$14,400|
|CA State Council of Laborers||$9,200|
|CA Assoc of Realtors||$7,200|
- Office Website
- Biographical profile of Paul Krekorian on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Krekorian
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Krekorian Issue Positions
- Capitol Weekly, "Capitol Weekly's Legislative Scorecard," December 17, 2009
- Fox and Hounds Daily, "Random Thoughts on the Political Scene," December 18, 2009
- Capitol Weekly," Downloadable 2009 Capitol Weekly State Legislative Scorecard
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Los Angeles City Council District 2
| Succeeded by|
|California State Assembly District 43
2007-January 5, 2010
| Succeeded by|