|Maine House of Representatives, District 149|
|December 5, 2012-July 27, 2014|
|Died||July 27, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Birthday||April 8, 1947|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McGowan served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 149 incumbent Paul McGowan was unopposed in the Democratic primary but withdrew afterwards; he passed away on July 27, making District 3 an open seat. Arthur Kyricos was unopposed in the Republican primary.
McGowan won election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 149. McGowan ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent Bradley Moulton (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 149, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bradley Moulton Incumbent||45.6%||2,586|
Comprehensive donor information for McGowan is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McGowan raised a total of $4,923 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Paul McGowan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 149||$4,923|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,923|
2012McGowan won election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McGowan raised a total of $4,923.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Paul McGowan's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,923|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In his obituary, McGowan's family stated that he had committed suicide following a history of depression. McGowan's wife of 33 years, Shirley Ann Huckins McGowan, died in 2003. The couple left behind two children and six grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + McGowan + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Paul McGowan
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Seacoastonline, "Rep. Paul McGowan died by suicide, family says," accessed July 30, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "McGowan, Paul," accessed September 18, 2013
Bradley Moulton (R)
|Maine House of Representatives District 149
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |