Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 51|
|2008 - 2010|
An attorney and small business owner, Nichols has worked with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and was the chair for corporate fundraising for the Light the Night Walk.
Currently Nichols main issue is stopping the I-95/395 HOT Lanes proposal. On his official website he states, "The plan relies on unproven technologies that are still years away from being developed and it turns over a piece of infrastructure already paid for by our tax dollars to a private company who will once again charge us fees to use it."
In 2009, Nochols lost his bid for re-election to the Virginia House of Delegates.
- HB 2117 HOT lanes; prohibits on any portion of I-95 between Potomac River and City of Fredericksburg.
- HB 2119 Rail Enhancement Fund; waive requirement that projects funded thereby include minimum 30% cash.
- HB 2522 Health insurance plan for state employees; coverage for employees of small employers.
The top 5 donors to Nichols' 2007 campaign:
- 1. VA Democratic Party $101,667
- 2. House Democratic Caucus $43,748
- 3. Nichols, Zauzig Sandler $36,448
- 4. Nichols, Paul $31,446
- 5. One Virginia $21,000
- Delegate Paul Nichols official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Nichols
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
|Virginia House of Delegates District 51
| Succeeded by|
Richard L. Anderson
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |