|New Jersey State Senate District 36|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Deputy Majority Leader, New Jersey State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey General Assembly|
|Bachelor's||New Jersey Institute of Technology|
|Master's||New Jersey Institute of Technology|
|Birthday||August 31, 1968|
|Profession||Chief Operating Officer, Joseph M. Sanzari, Incorporated|
Sarlo graduated with a B.S and M.S. in Civil Engineering from the New Jersey Institute of Technology. He is the Chief Engineer for Bishop-Sanzari Heavy Construction. Sarlo is the Borough Engineer for the Borough of Carlstadt since 1998. He was a Councilman for the Wood-Ridge Borough Council from 1995 to 2000.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Sarlo served on these committees:
- Joint Budget Oversight
- Judiciary, Chair
- Budget and Appropriations, Vice-Chair
- Budget and Appropriations (Budget Hearings Only), Vice-Chair
- Legislative Oversight
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Sarlo won re-election to the District 36 State Senate seat in 2011. He faced opposition in the June 7 Democratic primary election. Sarlo defeated Donald DiOrio (R) in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 36 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Paul Sarlo Incumbent||62.7%||18,582|
In 2007, Sarlo was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 36. Sarlo (D) finished with 14,895 votes and was followed by Michael Guarino (R) with 11,317 votes.
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 36 (2007)|
|Paul Sarlo (D)||14,895|
|Michael Guarino (R)||11,317|
In 2011, Sarlo received $1,072,855 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Paul Sarlo's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$12,300|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$8,450|
|Operating Engineers Local 68||$8,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$1,072,855|
|Total Votes received in 2011||18,582|
|Cost of each vote received||$57.74|
District 36 ranked seventh in fundraising
As of October 25, candidates for District 36 raised $1,690,651--according to the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission. This made District 36 number seven in fundraising for the 2011 election season.
In 2007, Sarlo collected $1,158,438 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Building Contractors Association of New Jersey||$11,650|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$9,300|
|District Council of Northern New Jersey Ironworkers||$9,250|
|Electrical Workers Local 164||$9,200|
|Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers Local 5||$8,450|
Sarlo was endorsed by:
Sarlo represents New Jersey Senate District 36, which includes borough of Rutherford, New Jersey.
Sarlo and his wife, Concetta, have two children. They currently reside in Wood Ridge, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paul + Sarlo + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Paul Sarlo's personal website
- Official website of Paul Sarlo
- Paul Sarlo legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Paul Sarlo biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Democratic Party biography of Paul Sarlo
- Pual Sarlo on Facebook
- ↑ Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- ↑ Official website of Paul Sarlo
- ↑ Paul Sarlo at Project Vote Smart
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- ↑ New Jersey State Senate election results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ New Jersey ELEC, "News Release," November 3, 2011
- ↑ http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=95890
- ↑ Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
- ↑ New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
|New Jersey State Senate District 36
| Succeeded by|