Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan State Senate district 46|
However, despite this endorsement and effective withdrawal, Scofield defeated Champagne 544-420 in the primary.
Scofield's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Prosperity and Freedom
- Excerpt:"I am running to Make Minnesota First Among Fifty. I want Minnesota to be the best place to live, raise a family, work, and do business. I will support policies, regulations, and laws that promote perpetual prosperity. Those policies must be founded on principles of freedom and ownership as enshrined in our Constitutions and Bills of Rights."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"I will work to invigorate our economy. I will vote for policies, regulations, and laws that promote jobs and prosperity in our private sector. Minnesota needs more people producing goods and services that meet the demands of paying customers. Minnesota cannot afford more joblessness and its demands for money and services from government."
Taxation and Revenue
- Excerpt:"Bad tax policies can be the greatest impediment to prosperity and freedom. The fewer economic decisions that are made for tax reasons, the better. Taxes should be simple, transparent, neutral, stable, and low."
Transportation, the Met Council, and MnDOT
- Excerpt:"I oppose public subsidies for light rail projects including the proposed Southwest Corridor to be managed by the Metropolitan Council ("Met Council") of Minnesota. The Met Council already manages our Metropolitan Transit system with HUGE LOSSES, and those buses don't even require (as rail systems do) the Met Council to maintain or construct the actual roadbed."
The Met Council and Central Planning
- Excerpt:"Central Planning is the much-discredited mode of economic organization embraced by autocrats and dictators throughout history. In constitutional republics like ours, planning should have very narrow, purposeful scope. Against that philosophy, the Met Council imposes very widely scoped Central Planning upon its seven-county domain. "
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ron Latz Incumbent||66%||29,755|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 46 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Roger W. Champagne||43.6%||420|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Scofield ran in the 2010 election for Minnesota State Senate District 44. Scofield was unopposed in the Republican primary election on August 10, 2010, and was defeated by incumbent Ron Latz (DFL) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
- St Louis Park.patch.com "Scofield Will Endorse Champagne in Senate District 46 Race," Accessed August 8, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- "scofieldforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "General Primary" Accessed September 26, 2013
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "General Election" Accessed September 26, 2013