|Colorado House of Representatives District 12|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Weissmann's professional experience includes working a substitute teacher in Denver Public Schools and bartender/Manager at the Blue Parrot Restaurant.
Weissmann provided answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. When asked his legislative priorities he stated, "Top priority needs to be untangling the budget mess caused by conflicting Constitutional Amendments and then prioritizing our spending in a flexible framework. The SAFE initiative will start us down that path."
Weissmann's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1125 - Limit Incentives For School Attendance
- HB 09-1274 - Repeal Death Penalty
- HB 09-1369 - Higher Ed Transparency Leadership Search
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Weissmann was ineligible to run for re-election to the 12th District seat due to the term limits of the Colorado House of Representatives.
Weissmann raised $36,576 for his campaign, while Lucas raised $-6,373.
|Colorado State House, District 12 (2008)|
|Paul Weissmann (D)||23,432|
|Daniel M. Lucas (R)||10,513|
Below are Weissmann's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Boulder Valley Education Association||$500|
|CO Education Assoc||$500|
|CO Dental Assoc||$400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Paul + Weissmann + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Paul Weissmann's campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1996
- Paul Weissmann on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 11, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Colorado House District 12
| Succeeded by|