Paula A. Basta
|Paula A. Basta|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 14|
|Bachelor's||University of Dayton|
|Master's||McCormick Theological Seminary (1989)|
|Place of birth||Cleveland, Ohio|
Basta's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Paula began her career as a social worker at Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly in Chicago and later as the parish social worker for St. Clements Parish in Lincoln Park."
- LGBT Issues
- Excerpt: "Paula is a long term and dedicated advocate for the LGBT community."
- Economic Development & Small Businesses
- Excerpt: "Paula supports the small business districts in our community and continually reaches out to hear about the local business environment, the challenges and potential opportunities for the area."
- Public Safety & Gun Control
- Excerpt: "Working with her community CAPS program, Paula Basta makes public safety a priority. As State Representative, Paula would be a leading advocate to reduce gun violence with common-sense legislation."
- Excerpt: "Paula understands the importance that receiving a quality education plays in the development of a child’s life. Paula will fight for funding for Chicago Public Schools, advocating reduced class sizes, retaining quality teachers, and adding vital programs for students."
- Excerpt: "Paula will work to expand vital healthcare services statewide and will work for better funding and expansion of services. These efforts will lead to improved healthcare services for women."
- State Budget
- Excerpt: "Springfield settled on steep budget cuts for the current fiscal year."
- Ethics & Campaign Finance Reform
- Excerpt: "Paula believes in open, efficient and transparent government, free of the influences of corruption stemming from campaign donations."
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 14 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Kelly Cassidy Incumbent||62.3%||6,163|
|Paula A. Basta||37.7%||3,732|
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Friends of Paula Basta Facebook page
- Paula Basta on Facebook
- Paula Basta on Twitter
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |