Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 87|
|January 3, 2005 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|First elected||January 2005|
|Place of birth||Batavia, NY|
|Profession||Public information officer|
She has worked as a Public Information Officer for the Virginia Beach Sheriff's Office.
2010- 2012 committees:
- HB 1881 Absentee voting; ballot may be sent electronically, if voter requests so, if located outside State.
- HB 1987 Driver's license; suspension for failure to pay jail fees related to prisoner's keep.
- HB 1988 Elections; removes curbside voting for persons age 65 and older, are entitled to vote absentee. 
The Democratic primary election will take place on June 11, 2013, followed by the general election on November 5, 2013.
Incumbent Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling (R) is not seeking re-election this year. Nine candidates filed to fill the imminently-open executive seat, including two Democrats and seven Republicans. The Democratic nominee will be elected at the taxpayer-funded primary election on June 11, and will face Republican nominee E.W. Jackson in the general election. Jackson was nominated by delegates of the Virginia Republican Party at the party-funded statewide primary convention on May 17-18.
Miller did not seek re-election in 2011. Her residency was changed from district 87 to district 100 after the 2011 redistricting process.
In 2009, Miller was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 87 (2009)|
|Paula Miller (D)||6,693|
|John Amiral (R)||5,111|
The top 5 donors to Miller's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia House Democratic Caucus||$69,579|
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$30,375|
|Paula J. Miller||$3,235|
|Norfolk City Democratic committee||$3,000|
- Delegate Paula Miller official website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Delegate Miller
- ↑ Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- ↑ Washington Post, "Ex-delegate Paula Miller considering a run for lieutenant governor," May 25, 2012
- ↑ The Washington Post, "Va. GOP settles on Cuccinelli, Obenshain and Jackson for November ballot," May 19, 2013
- ↑ Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 87
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |