|Arizona State Senate, District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Pennypacker's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Children and Families
- Excerpt: "Arizona is ranked near the bottom in education and recently ranked one of the 'worst states to be a kid.' The only way to change these dismal statistics is through education and extending a helping hand to families in need."
Tax Reform & Economy
- Excerpt: "We must also creating an environment that supports job growth for both small and large business in order to grow our economy. Reforming tax laws, streamlining regulation, investing in our infrastructure, and most important of all - investing in a strong educational system - this will all make Arizona more competitive in the global marketplace in which we now live."
- Excerpt: "Without a doubt, choice in education is a good thing. Open enrollment, home schooling, district charters and publically funded charters all give parents much needed choice, but they all must compete on a level playing field. Transparency is key."
- Excerpt: "Restoring sanity means listening to the voice of the people and not special interests. It means doing what is best for and making legislative decisions based upon the needs of Arizona families – not a specific corporation’s checkbook."
- Excerpt: "Restoring sanity means that Arizona is on the national news for being a leader in job growth, an uptick in economic development and growth that others want to emulate and a national leader in education."
- Excerpt: "Restoring sanity means we work across the aisle, disregard partisan politics, and do what is right for Arizona, for Arizona communities and families, and for our children."
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Arizona State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Paula Pennypacker was unopposed in the Democratic primary. John Kavanagh defeated Jeff Schwartz in the Republican primary. Pennypacker will face Kavanagh in the general election.
|Arizona State Senate, District 23 Republican Primary, 2014|
Pennypacker faced Ray Mahoubi, Michael Blaire, Michelle Ugenti, Eric Ulis and incumbent John Kavanagh in the August 24 primary. Pennypacker was defeated by Michelle Ugenti and incumbent John Kavanagh in the Republican primary.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 8 Republican Primary (2010)|
|John Kavanagh (R)||17,256|
|Michelle Ugenti (R)||9,146|
|Michael Blaire (R)||5,680|
|Paula Pennypacker (R)||5,657|
|Ray Mahoubi (R)||2,582|
|Eric Ulis (R)||2,570|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Paula + Pennypacker + Arizona + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona State Senate
- Arizona State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Paula Pennypacker on Facebook
- Paula Pennypacker on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Full list of candidates filed for the Arizona primary," accessed October 1, 2014
- Paula 2014, "Issues," accessed October 15, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 28, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013