|California State Assembly, District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Rios' website highlights the following campaign themes:
State budget deficits
- Excerpt: "I do not support any new taxes, and I do not support Governor Brown’s and the Legislature’s bloated budgets that taxpayers pay for. If the ordinary working people of California must live within their means, the state should do the same."
- Excerpt: " I support a limited government and embrace the Bill of Rights and appreciate the free market economy, so I believe that the government, at all levels, should adhere to the scope of their constitutions."
Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "We as Californians need to quickly turn things around and elect new business-savvy lawmakers who will stop the relentless attack on employers and job producers and provide a productive business climate to our people."
- Excerpt: "I do not support this crazy high speed rail project. It is an expensive mess."
Water and Agriculture
- Excerpt: "My number one priority is to bring more water to central California and not flush it out to the ocean like the environmental activists have done."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Rudy Salas (D) and Pedro A. Rios (R) defeated Romeo Agbalog (R) in the blanket primary. Salas will face Rios in the general election.
Rios ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 32. He advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Jon Mcquiston (R) and David Thomas (R). Rios was defeated by Rudy Salas (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pedro A. Rios||47.1%||34,476|
|California State Assembly, District 32 Blanket Primary, 2012|
In 2012, Rios' endorsements included the following:
- U.S. Representative Kevin McCarthy
- State senator Jean Fuller
- Republican Assembly Leader Connie Conway
- 70th District Assemblyman Donald Wagner
- 30th District Assemblyman David Valadao
- 34th District Assemblywoman Shannon Grove
- Former 30th District Assemblyman Danny Gilmore
- Kern County 5th District Supervisor Karen Goh
- Kings County Farm Bureau
- Kern County Young Republicans
- Howard Jarvis Tax Payers Association
- National Federation of Independent Businesses
*Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce PAC
- Associated Builders and Contractors - Central Valley
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Pedro + Rios + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 32
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pedro Rios on Facebook
- [WEBSITEURL WEBSITE NAME, "Issues," accessed May 12, 2014]
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed June 3, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014