Florida State Senate, District 14
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
| Florida State Senate, District 14 |
2010 General election results
|Steve Oelrich (R)||70,789||53.83%|
|Perry McGriff (D)||60,725||46.17%|
On his campaign website, McGriff lists four issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "Our education policy should not be based on fear of failure or teaching to tests – it should be built on a foundation of inspiration and innovation. That's why I will fight any attempt to push through a new version of the ill-conceived and terribly flawed Senate Bill 6 passed by the Legislature last session."
- Excerpt: "Instead of giving tax cuts to large corporations, we must focus on making sure small business owners are stable enough to grow their businesses."
- Excerpt: "Coastal tourism alone generates $56 billion a year to our state – and we can't afford to lose a penny of that revenue. The recent disaster in the Gulf is a perfect example of the need for increased protection for our natural resources."
- Excerpt: "The special interests have more say in Tallahassee than the voters do and that's just not right. That's why I'm running for the Florida Senate. This seat belongs to the people of Florida and, as your state senator, I will always put your interests ahead of special interests every day."
- 2010 candidates for Florida State Senate
- August 24, 2010 primary election results
- Perry McGriff campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Perry McGriff on Facebook
- Perry McGriff on Twitter