|Idaho State Senate, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Waha Water District Chairman|
|High school||Lewiston High School (1971)|
|Bachelor's||Lewis Clark State College (2010)|
|Profession||U.S. Postal Service (Retired)|
Gertonson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Preparing Idaho Students for the future with high quality education that also strengthens our communities and families. Embracing new technology and teachers."
- Excerpt: "Building local economies by supporting small businesses and providing tools such as rural broadband and improved transportation routes—so innovators and entrepreneurs will create high-paying jobs in Idaho."
- Excerpt: "Creating an independent ethics commission to investigate complaints against lawmakers, lobbyists and government officials."
- VALUE ADDED
- Excerpt: "Agriculture is big in Idaho and too should be processing our raw exports into products that create living wage jobs."
- FREEDOMS & PRIVACY
- Excerpt: "Republicans have closed the primary election, forcing party afiliation [sic] and ballot choice be made public knowledge. I will fight to protect futher [sic] erosion of your rights in IDAHO!"
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Idaho State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Pete Gertonson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Dan Johnson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gertonson will face Johnson in the general election.
Gertonson ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 6A. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15 and was defeated by Thyra K. Stevenson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 6A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thyra K. Stevenson||54.2%||9,814|
Gertonson has a wife, Jerene, and two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Pete + Gertonson + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho State Senate
- Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho State Senate District 6
- Pete Gertonson, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Pete Gertonson," accessed October 12, 2012