Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 42|
Hurtado's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Eliminate Governor Quinn’s Income Tax increase that has driven away employers and financially burdened Illinois families
- Excerpt: "Since Governor Quinn enacted a tax increase of 67% on personal income and a 45% increase on corporate income, more than 30,000 jobs have disappeared from Illinois and companies, such as Caterpillar (the largest employer in Aurora), have threatened to relocate their manufacturing facilities outside the state."
- Bring back fiscal solvency to Illinois
- Excerpt: "To correct this disaster created by former Governor Blagojevich and current Governor Quinn, Illinois must return to fiscal discipline by first reforming its expensive and generous public employee pension system that is straining the state’s finances."
- Promote economic growth in Illinois
- Excerpt: "To begin rebuilding our state’s economy, we must first repeal Governor Quinn’s income tax increase that has driven away businesses from Illinois, and create fiscal stability in our state by creating balanced and sustainable budgets. These two elements are essential in order to convince businesses already within Illinois, and those looking to relocate to the state, that Illinois is a stable and profitable location for their business."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Hurtado ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 42. Hurtado was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Linda Holmes (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 42, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Linda Holmes Incumbent||64.6%||36,825|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Peter + Hurtado + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Peter Hurtado, "Issues," accessed October 23, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012