For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Florida House of Representatives District 48|
|2006 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of South Florida (2000)|
|Date of birth||June 29, 1952|
|Place of birth||Kapfenberg, Austria|
Nehr's professional experience includes owning the American Spirit Flag Shop and working as a Master Guardian Ad Litem.
He is President of a Homeowners Association, Chair of the Military Appreciation Day Parade/past Board of Directors of the Rotary of Tarpon Springs and member of the Board of Directors of Tarpon Springs Historical Society.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nehr served on these committees:
- Economic Affairs
- Joint Committee on Public Counsel Oversight, Alternating Chair
- Subcommittee on Energy and Utilities, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Federal Affairs, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Highway Safety
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Nehr served on these committees:
- General Government Policy Council
- Health Care Appropriations Committee
- Health Care Regulation Policy Committee
- Insurance, Business & Financial Affairs Policy Committee
- State Universities & Private Colleges Policy Committee
Nehr did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Nehr's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 165 - "Penalties for Driving Under the Influence: Provides for mandatory placement of ignition interlock device on all vehicles owned & operated by person convicted of four or more DUIs if person obtains restricted license or permit"
- HB 1439 - "Access to Confidential Records of Children: Requires that case file of child under supervision or in custody of DCFS be maintained in complete & accurate manner; specifies who has access to case file & records in file"
- HB 7111 - "Department of Community Affairs: Creates Office of Emergency Management within EOG; creates Division of Housing & Community Development, including Office of Urban Opportunity, & Division of State & Community Planning within DOS"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Nehr ran in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 65. Nehr defeated Marg Baker, Tory Anthony Perfetti, and Philip Tropea in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by Carl Zimmerman (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 65, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Peter Nehr Incumbent||47.1%||38,698|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 65 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Peter Nehr Incumbent||53.7%||7,629|
|Tory Anthony Perfetti||22.5%||3,200|
| Florida House of Representatives, District 48 |
2010 General election results
|Peter Nehr (R)||30,349||61.48%|
|Tom McKone (D)||19,013||38.52%|
Nehr defeated Marg Baker and Steven Mueller in the August 24 primary.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 48 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On November 4, 2008, Nehr won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 48th District, defeating Carl Zimmerman (D). Nehr received 36,034 votes in the election while Zimmerman received 34,650 votes. Nehr raised $361,475 for his campaign; Zimmerman raised $123,300.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 48|
|Peter Nehr (R)||36,034||51.0%|
|Carl Zimmerman (D)||34,650||49.0%|
In 2010, Nehr raised $243,652 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Florida Republican Party||$42,794|
|Florida Chamber Of Commerce||$5,000|
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,500|
Below are Nehr's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Republican Party||$62,348|
|Pinellas County Executive Cmte||$25,000|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$4,000|
|FL Assoc of Insurance Agents||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Peter + Nehr + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Peter Nehr's House site
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Peter Nehr on Facebook
- Peter Nehr on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 18, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 18, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch, "2010 Election results," accessed December 18, 2014
- Florida Election Watch, "August 24, 2010, State Representative primary results," August 24, 2010
- Florida Department of Elections, "Florida House Official Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 Contributions," accessed December 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 48
| Succeeded by|
Victor M. Torres, Jr. (D)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |