was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 52
of the Oregon House of Representatives
In his 2012 campaign, Nordbye aimed to stand up against special interest groups and corporations by limiting individual contributions to $50.00. Nordbye's campaign only accepted contributions from individuals that lived in District 52 and ignored contributions from political organizations, groups and businesses. While many believed that Nordbye had little chance of unseating incumbent Mark Johnson (R) in the general election, Nordbye came within four percentage points of doing just that. The election was closely contested even though Nordbye spent only $15,000 on his campaign, while Johnson spent more than $180,000.
- See also: Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2012
Nordbye ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 52. Nordbye defeated Marv Hollingsworth in the May 15 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Mark Johnson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012
||Mark Johnson Incumbent
|| Peter Nordbye
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 52 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Marv Hollingsworth
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Nordbye was endorsed by the following:
- the Oregon School Employees Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Peter + Nordbye + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Peter Nordbye News Feed
- ↑ Mountain Times, "Nordbye Marches To November," accessed August 22, 2013
- ↑ Oregon Live, "Oregon Democratic legislative candidate comes close to winning -- with a $50 donation limit," accessed August 22, 2013
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- ↑ Mountain Times, "Nordbye Marches To November"