Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A|
|High school||Anoka High School Class|
|Birthday||June 17, 1962|
|Place of birth||Minneapolis|
|Profession||Senior Loan Consultant|
Perovich's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
As an Independent voice
- Excerpt: "I will use my experience to help build consensus and find real solutions to our State problems. I know that your family deserves better and I will always put people before politics.”"
- Excerpt: "I will help promote economic development through smart investments, sound infrastructure, and clean energy. I support policies to help small businesses start-up and grow, creating living wage jobs for area families. You can trust me to help create jobs and work to keep businesses strong and successful."
Pay Back Our Schools
- Excerpt: "I opposed the solution to balance the state budget by borrowing more than $2 billion from our schools. This has caused schools to make drastic cuts, borrow money to operate and increase class sizes to the fourth highest in the nation. I will work to reverse these shortsighted decisions. All students should have the opportunity to receive a quality education."
Reduce and stabilize Property Taxes
- Excerpt: "I opposed the elimination of the Homestead Property Tax Credit. This legislation resulted in skyrocketing property taxes for our businesses and homeowners. "
- Excerpt: "We can’t expect businesses and manufacturers to want to come to Anoka County and create jobs without an efficient Road and Highway system to move their goods and services."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Peter Perovich was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Abigail Whelan defeated Justin Boals in the Republican primary.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 35A Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 35, General Election, 2012|
Perovich was the DFL-endorsed candidate for District 35.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Perovich had no opponent in the primary. He was defeated by incumbent Mike Jungbauer (R) in the general election. The primary election was on August 10, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Peter + Perovich + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 35A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Facebook profile
- 2010 candidates for Minnesota State Senate
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- "peterperovich," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State of Minnesota Canvassing Report," accessed May 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Erstarnews.com, "Perovich seeks seat in Senate," accessed August 14, 2012
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |