Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota State Senate District 35|
|High school||Anoka High School Class|
|Birthday||June 17, 1962|
|Place of birth||Minneapolis|
|Profession||Senior Loan Consultant|
Perovich's website highlights the following campaign themes:
As an Independent voice
- Excerpt:"I will use my experience to help build consensus and find real solutions to our State problems. I know that your family deserves better and I will always put people before politics.”"
- Excerpt:"I will help promote economic development through smart investments, sound infrastructure, and clean energy. I support policies to help small businesses start-up and grow, creating living wage jobs for area families. You can trust me to help create jobs and work to keep businesses strong and successful."
Pay Back Our Schools
- Excerpt:"I opposed the solution to balance the state budget by borrowing more than $2 billion from our schools. This has caused schools to make drastic cuts, borrow money to operate and increase class sizes to the fourth highest in the nation. I will work to reverse these shortsighted decisions. All students should have the opportunity to receive a quality education."
Reduce and stabilize Property Taxes
- Excerpt:"I opposed the elimination of the Homestead Property Tax Credit. This legislation resulted in skyrocketing property taxes for our businesses and homeowners. "
- Excerpt:"We can’t expect businesses and manufacturers to want to come to Anoka County and create jobs without an efficient Road and Highway system to move their goods and services."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 35, General Election, 2012|
Perovich is the DFL endorsed candidate for district 35.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Perovich had no opponent in the primary. He was defeated by incumbent Mike Jungbauer (R) in the general election. The primary election was on August 10, 2010 and the general election was on November 2.
- Campaign site
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Facebook profile
- 2010 candidates for Minnesota State Senate