|New Mexico Senate District 25|
|2009 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|House of Representatives|
|2005 - 2009|
|J.D.||Mexico School of Law|
|Birthday||December 3, 1961|
|Place of birth||Stanford, CA|
Wirth served in the New Mexico State House of Representatives from 2005 to 2009. He joined the New Mexico State Senate in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the 25th district.
Wirth was a Law Clerk for The Honorable Oliver Seth of the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals from 1990 to 1992. He has worked as a lawyer for the following firms: Catron, Catron and Sawtell from 1992 to 1994, Panagakos and Wirth, Professional Corporation, from 1995 to 2000, The Wirth Law Firm from 2000 to 2003, and Sawtell Wirth and Biedscheid, Professional Corporation, from 2004 to the present.
Wirth earned his BA in Economics/Spanish from Stanford University in 1984. He went on to receive his JD from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 1990.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wirth served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Conservation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wirth served on these committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Judiciary, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wirth served on these committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2009|
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
|New Mexico State Senate, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Peter Wirth Incumbent||100%||26,128|
Wirth raised $93,615 for his campaign.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Peter Wirth's 2008 campaign.
|Paul B. Schmidt||$5,000|
|Elise W. Schmidt||$5,000|
|New Mexico Democratic Legislative Campaign CMTE||$2,250|
|Joann & Gifford Phillips||$2,000|
Wirth and his wife, Carol Romero-Wirth, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Peter + Wirth + New + Mexico + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lax state rules provide cover for sponsors of attack ads - The Sun
- Lame-duck lawmakers get blanket approval for travel - Santa Fe New Mexican.com
- Old decisions make new ways to manage water difficult - Albuquerque Journal (subscription)
- Realtor enjoys success with Sunday radio show - Santa Fe New Mexican.com
- Gonzales looks back on tenure in state Dems' top job - Santa Fe New Mexican.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Peter Wirth's personal website
- Biography from the New Mexico Legislature website
- profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
|New Mexico State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|