Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 19|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Davis|
|Master's||Management Science, Stanford, 2003|
|Place of birth||Saigon, Vietnam|
Nguyen's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy and Job Creation
- Excerpt: "The U.S. is currently in an economic crisis. Surprisingly many of the factors that contribute to this crisis are self-inflicted. From the economic collapse of 2008 due to the unregulated banking sector to the abuses of the work programs for foreigners, our citizens have suffered tremendously because of our politicians’ greed."
- Excerpt: "The U.S. educational system is currently going through a crisis. College cost has ballooned over the past three decades and it now becomes unaffordable to most college students. The K-12 system doesn't fare better. "
- Federal Deficit
- Excerpt: "With two wars, an economic crisis due to the unregulated financial sector, tax cuts for the rich, and tax loopholes for corporate America, it's no wonder our federal deficit is out of control. I don't see any reason why we have to be the police for the whole world."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "Even though I am a Republican, I support Universal Health Care and a single-payer system. Having lived in Europe, I have experienced it myself and I think it's far superior than our current healthcare system in America."
- Human Rights
- Excerpt: "Believe it or not, I have a long history of fighting against human right abuses at home and abroad. While a student at Stanford, one day I saw an advertisement on an event that tried to persuade American companies to do business in Vietnam."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Phat + Nguyen + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 18/5 - VietNamNet Bridge
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 14/5 - VietNamNet Bridge
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 9/5 - VietNamNet Bridge
- SOCIETY IN BRIEF 28/4 - VietNamNet Bridge
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found