Phil Black (South Carolina)
|U.S. House, South Carolina, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Riverside Military Academy|
|Bachelor's||University of Georgia|
|Place of birth||Barnwell South Carolina|
Black is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent South Carolina's 2nd District. Black defeated Ed Greenleaf in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 2 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Black ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent South Carolina's 2nd District. Black was defeated by incumbent Joe Wilson in the June 12 Republican primary. The general election was November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Joe Wilson Incumbent||80.6%||23,062|
Black challenged Wilson in 2010, but he lost in the primary election with 17 percent of the vote.
As of July 11, 2012, Black did not have any contribution reports on file with the Federal Election Commission.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Phil + Black + South Carolina + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- South Carolina's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- South Carolina's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
- South Carolina's 2nd Congressional District
- SC Votes, "Candidate Search," accessed March 31, 2014
- Associated Press, "South Carolina - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- Charlotte Observer, "14 to run in SC's new congressional district," accessed April 10, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- National Journal, "South Carolina District 2," accessed April 10, 2012